Residence: Bishal Nagar, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Education, Training and Participation
M.A in Political Science- Tribhuwan University, Kathmandu, Nepal.
Course on ‘Management and Administration,Chelsea, School of Human Movement, Brighton Polytechnic, UK.
- Leader of the Nepalese Delegation to UN General Assembly (1997) and the SAARC Council of Ministers (1998)
- leader of the Nepalese delegation to the World Summit on Information System 2003, and Asian Information Minister’s summit 2003,
- Chief de Mission of Nepal in the Summer Olympics 1984, Losangles and the Asian Games 1982, Delhi.
- Several national and international seminars and conferences on education, sports, youth, drug abuse prevention, and communication, some at the ministerial level.
Professional Experience (selected ones only)
Minister of Home, Foreign Affairs, Information and Communication, Health, Forest and Soil Conservation, Law and Parliamentary Affairs, Local Development, Agriculture, Housing and Physical Planning, Government of Nepal (at different times from 1988-2006)
- Chairman, Rastriya Prajatantra Party Nepal. 2005-2006 and 2008
- General Secretary, Rastriya Prajatantra Party 2003
- Spokesman,Rastriya Prajatantra Party,1992-2002.
- Member of Parliament,1986-1990 and 1995-1998.
- Member Secretary and spokesman of the Negotiation team of HMG with the Maoist
- President,International Federation of NGOs on Drug Dependence(Headquarters: Kuala Lupur, Malaysia), 1985-86.
- President,Nepal Youth Organization (Central Committee), 1982-86.
- Member Secretary,National youth Service Fund, 1986-1991.
- Member Secretary, International youth Year/Nepal, 1985.
- Member, Constitution Reform Commission, 1980
- Assistant Lecturer(Political Economy): Institute of Forestry, Tribhuvan University, 1977
- President, Nationalist Student Organization, 1973-74
Executive Member, Asian Football Confederation , 1982-1990; General Secretary,National Olympic Committee/Nepal, 1984-88; Member, National Sports Council, 1977-87; President, All Nepal Football Association,1978-87; Player, National Football Team of Nepal, 1975-77, Veteran Tennis Champion , 2002-2004.
Travel Visited several countries of Africa, Asia, Oceania, Europe and America.
- Book: Challenges of Conflict Resolutions in Nepal (Nepali)
- Articles in English & Nepali in Leading newspapers & magazines.